Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oops, my Steve is showing....

Is this the face of fascism?

Ah, yet again I have erred.
I seem cursed to continually build up an audience only to decimate it with one little rant.
On this occasion it was my French rant from last week. It HALVED the visitors to the site.

Ouch.

Apparently I am the ONLY person IN THE WORLD who came out in support of France banning the Burqas, and the audience didn't like it.

I understand a lot of my viewpoints are hard to take, and also that they are somewhat tainted by my hatred of ALL religious institutions, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed that so many would flee the show over one rant.

In future, I'll stick to fluffy cat stories, how's that? Would that make you more comfortable?

"Today our benevolent, wise and intelligent world leaders made another brilliant decision which will benefit us all universally"....

Better?

I don't think so.

Luckily, I don't actually care for fame or wealth. If I was one of those 'ambitious' types I'd probably go to any length to make sure it never happened again.
If anyone thinks I am going to change my show to better suit a wider audience, well...

...they don't know me too good, do they.

Your humble servant,
Steve Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment