Sunday, April 3, 2011

From yawn to yawning yawn. But then, suddenly...


I want to talk about American sports for a bit, one in particular.
Now as you know for the most part I have little time for American sports, or indeed any sport which doesn’t involve swords.
Baseball? Well you have weapons at least, I like that, but baseball’s greatest achievment was taking a mind numbingly dull game like Cricket and made it EVEN MORE BORING! I mean, that takes skill, dedication and a real commitment to being long, slow and dull.
Football, again! You’ve got armour, which is cool, but then you took a fast, hard game and stopped it every few seconds to talk for a few minutes. Plus you touch a football with your hands, that’s just wierd.
But basketball, ah basketball I think you might be onto a winner here. I have recently been playing NBA2k11, (And incidentally, if I may wax street for a moment: I am money, wid da rock), and it led me to hunt down some youtube b-ball and I have seen some amazing stuff, in particular; Michael Jordan.
Wow.
I mean... wow.
I am a fighter, and I’ve always thought the old tales of warrior demi gods were kinda cute and quaint and mainly the result of ignorant, impresionable peasants. And then I saw Michael Jordan play and all of the sudden I could totally understand people watching someone like him and thinking, “that man is surely the son of a god”.
Incredible.
So there you go, a good American sport.

Now if you can just make some music which doesn’t make me puke, I will seriously consider visiting your fine nation.

...once the gun permits have cleared.

No comments:

Post a Comment